Illinois License Plate Lookup
By using our free Illinois license plate lookup service, you can discover important information on safety recalls, service and repair history, mileage records with specifications including features and packages the vehicle contains. Simply enter the plate number to get a vehicle history report instantly.
How to Lookup Any Illinois License Plate Number?
Illinois License plate lookup will help you obtain all the information about the car you are searching for. By using our free license plate lookup Illinois tool, you can obtain information from the Illinois Department of Transportation also known as the Illinois DOT. You can get information related to vehicle specifications, ownership history, services history, title history, accident & damage checks, mileage records & recalls. Each look-up contains over 60 verifications covering every aspect of the vehicle. Simply enter the Illinois license plate number into the field above and get instant results. At times, the license plate results in no results due to various reasons. Simply locate the VIN Number of the vehicle and use our VIN lookup tool to get the full history.
Under state law, two license plates are required to be issued for most cars, vans, and trucks. Trailers and Motorcycles require only one license plate. Every 8 years Illinois has a law that requires the license plate design to change which must be easily distinguishable from the previous design. If a license plate has been lost or stolen, a new or duplicate license plate and a registration certificate will be issued by the Illinois County Treasurer. Damaged license plates must be submitted to the Illinois County Treasurer when you receive your new license plates.
Why should you run an Illinois License Plate Lookup?
- To check for accidents – around 8 million car accidents are reported annually by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- To check for title brands – flood, hail-damage, and salvage titles are examples of critical title checks to look for before you purchase a used car
- Look for used cars that have had special-purpose designations – including taxi use, rental use, police use, commercial use, and more.
- To check and see if the vehicle has been stolen – By running an Illinois license plate lookup you are ensuring that you are not purchasing a stolen car or a car with stolen parts.
Statistics on Accidents, Theft and Disasters:
- The number of cars registered as of 2018: 4,477,763.
- Accidents (Source: 2018 Illinois Crash Report)
- 175,284 traffic accidents resulted in 52,653 cases of injuries and 1,889 resulted in fatalities.
- In 2016. Illinois crash fatality rate was higher than the national crash fatality rate (1.56 vs 1.15 per hundred million vehicle miles).
- 52.7% of the total crashes involved passenger cars.
- In their lifetime, typical drivers in Illinois have a greater than one-in-three chance of being in a crash resulting in injury or death.
- Motor Vehicle Theft (Source: 2016 Crime in Illinois Report)
- The motor vehicle theft rate for Illinois in 2016 was 234.5 thefts for every 100,000 inhabitants.
- On average, there were 31.2 motor vehicles stolen per day.
- Natural Disasters / Hazards
- Illinois ranks as the 12th most disaster-prone state with 79 major disaster declarations from 1953 to 2017 (Source: NBC News report).
- The state is prone to tropical storms and hurricanes, and most of the state is located in a region of tornado alley known as “Dixie Alley.”
What information can you get with our Illinois License Plate Lookup tool?
Don’t make a costly mistake and end up with regrets. Consider our free DMV license plate lookup Illinois service to get all the facts. Premium VIN utilizes national databases, such as, the NMVTIS, Department of Motor Vehicles, Ministry of Transportation, car manufacturers’ databases, insurance companies, car auctions, car dealers, state records, inspections stations and includes over 60 checks on every report.
The Illinois License Plate Lookup service provides detailed information about a vehicle’s history, including its registration, owner details, and any potential violations or accidents. It is a tool commonly used by law enforcement, insurance companies, and potential used-car buyers. To connect these two disparate concepts, imagine a scenario where Rolling Slots Casino https://casinowis.com/rolling-slots-casino runs a promotion for Illinois residents. Players could enter a bonus code derived from their license plate number to access special games or receive additional bonuses, creating a unique localised engagement strategy and providing an extra layer of fun for Illinois-based users.
Here’s what you can discover about any vehicle by doing an Illinois license plate search:
- The number of owners – Find out the number of owners the vehicle had including the number of owners, duration of ownership, registration details such as country, state, and city of registration. Find out the duration of ownership of each owner in the vehicle’s history. Many customers have located their old vehicles using our VIN lookup tool.
- Mileage information – Check odometer records on any vehicle by entering the VIN number. Mileage information will include mileage, date, and location when it was registered. The odometer records include title records, registration, and renewals.
- Accidents history – If the vehicle was seriously damaged previously, it tends to be hazardous to drive it since you may never realize how a vehicle performs at high speed after a full repair.
- Airbag deployment – You should ensure that the vehicle has all the airbags and, if it doesn’t have them, discover why.
- Vehicle Specifications – Every vehicle comes with special options and packages at the time of purchase. Using our license plate lookup tool, you can find detailed specifications such as model, trim, engine, transmission, fuel, exterior, and interior options, standard safety features, airbags, audio system, braes, comfort features, convenience features, and security features. Find out over 200+ specifications on any vehicle by running the check.
- Market Value – Wondering how much the vehicle is actually worth? Our report shows you the market value of the vehicle based on estimated mileage. Learn about the depreciation and resale value of the vehicle compared to others being sold in the market.
- Warranty Status – Find out if the vehicle has any information including the type of coverage for warranty status.
- Police incidents – Each license plate lookup will verify information from law enforcement agencies to help determine if the vehicle had any claims. Find out if the vehicle has a clean history.
- Safety rating – Use our crash ratings guide to find useful information on the safety of the vehicle in a crash, including its technical capabilities to avoid accidents.
- Recall and Defect information – Vehicles are notorious for having recalls. Some of these recalls affect the safety and performance of the vehicle. Learn if the vehicle has had any manufacturer recalls. If there are defects, learn about their impact on safety and how to fix the issues.
- Department of Motor Vehicle Records – Every license plate lookup will verify title records from the Department of Motor Vehicles and government agencies. In Canada, this would be the Ministry of Transportation.
- Insurance Databases – Find out the number of claims made with insurance for the vehicle. It is highly recommended to verify if the vehicle has a clean history.
- Inspection Records – Multiple states have a law in place where emissions & safety inspections must be done yearly. Find out if the vehicle has had its yearly inspections done on time and if there were any outstanding issues with its inspections.
- Natural Disasters – When most people think of car damage, they assume the damage was caused by a collision. Natural disasters and intense weather conditions can cause significant damage to a vehicle. It is very common to come across damaged cars for sale, or cars that have been recently repaired. Driving in snow or rain isn’t the only hazard – hail storms, floods, blizzards, earthquakes, and tornadoes can all cause extensive vehicle damage – especially hail storms, which cause billions of dollars in damage alone every year.
Check if a vehicle has Auction History & Photos
Another very unique feature of our Illinois License plate lookup tool is that you will be provided with the auction history and photos. This service is exclusive to our report as no other Illinois license plate check tool returns a report with auction photos or details. We provide accurate auction history with the help of a variety of car dealerships, auctions, and market sources. We not only provide additional information at a low cost but also ensure the accuracy of the data. Our vehicle history report is affordable and more informative than services like Carfax report and AutoCheck.
Check for Loans & Liens on a vehicle in Illinois
If you’re lucky enough, you don’t really know what are those liens or recalls. Let’s get a little bit deeper into this to give you an explanation of how it works.
Cars (and sometimes other vehicles) can be recalled by manufacturers if it turns out that some model has critical defects. In such cases, the recalled vehicles need to be repaired. Many car owners and dealers are too lazy or too busy to follow this procedure. Therefore, their cars go without repair but with leakages, out-of-order breaks, or dysfunctional airbags. Our license plate number lookup Illinois tool will show you whether a car had been recalled and whether it was repaired after that. All manufacturer recalls can be repaired for free at your local dealership.
The word lien means that a vehicle is used to secure a loan payment. If a debtor fails to pay, a creditor may sell the property, in our case car. You don’t want your car to be involved in manipulations like this. Say you purchase a vehicle from a buyer that did not notify you of a lien on the vehicle. What will happen is that the credit financing company will repossess the vehicle due to the lien regardless of you being a new owner and not incumbent on the lien. It is ALWAYS recommended to check a vehicle and ensure that loans & liens have been paid off.
The website for the Illinois DMV provides basic and crucial information that is beneficial for drivers and vital statistics for those who need to acquire important documents. The website itself is easy to navigate and has numerous services that are available to you right at the comfort of your own home.
The services that are provided to you through this website are remarkable. As well as very easy to understand and navigate. Like most websites, there is a section for general information about office locations, hours, and contact information near your residence. When you first enter the website, you will see many options that are rather self-explanatory so you can quickly navigate to what you are initially looking for. If you are a driver then you have the ability to get information on how to renew or replace your driver’s license and if you are a new driver you can make an appointment right on the website to get your learner’s permit and take your required tests. Again if you are a new driver and have not taken your written test then there are practice tests and a handbook that you can get from the website to help you along the way.
There is a section for vehicle owners who want to obtain car titles or register their newly purchased vehicle. You have the option to change information like your address and name right from the DMV website so you do not have to go all the way to a ground location.
Another key thing that is available to you is access to your driving and criminal records. Alongside this, you can find information on how to get a birth or marriage certificate. You have the option to apply for both from this site.
There is so much more content that is shown on the Illinois DMV website. As you go through the website you will find a great amount of information on how to get plates and tags for your car(s) and exact pricing for each service that is provided by the department of motor vehicles. Extra information is also there to assist you in understanding car insurance and tips for buying your first car. Forms are also uploaded for you to print depending on what application you specifically need. No information is unsaid on this website so you wouldn’t even need to call in.
Uncover the complete history of your Illinois registered vehicle in seconds! Run an Illinois License Plate Lookup tool now and find a free vehicle history report.
Illinois is a state in the Midwestern and Great Lakes regions of the United States. It has the fifth-largest gross domestic product (GDP), the sixth largest population, and the 25th largest land area of all U.S. states. Illinois has been noted as a microcosm of the entire United States. With Chicago in northeastern Illinois, small industrial cities and immense agricultural productivity in the north and center of the state, and natural resources such as coal, timber, and petroleum in the south, Illinois has a diverse economic base and is a major transportation hub. Chicagoland, Chicago’s metropolitan area, encompasses about 65% of the state’s population. The Port of Chicago connects the state to international ports via two main routes: from the Great Lakes, via the Saint Lawrence Seaway, to the Atlantic Ocean, and from the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River, via the Illinois Waterway to the Illinois River. The Mississippi River, the Ohio River, and the Wabash River form parts of the boundaries of Illinois. For decades, Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport has been ranked as one of the world’s busiest airports. Illinois has long had a reputation as a bellwether both in social and cultural terms and, through the 1980s, in politics.
Illinois is one of the 30 states plus Washington D.C. that require a front license plate. Any person acquiring a new or used motor vehicle in Illinois shall obtain a license plate within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of acquisition.
The state’s standard license plate must contain four numerical digits and three letters, while each car must display two license plates: one each for the front and the rear parts. The Secretary of State Office of Illinois is the official provider of license plates in the state.
Types of Illinois License Plates
Illinois has eleven (11) types of plates available to choose from. Each type of license plate has different requirements and fees.
- Professional Sports
- Persons with Disabilities
- Collegiate Series
- PanHellenic Series
- First Responders
- Military Series
- Recreational Trailer/Vehicle
- Sporting Series
Illinois Laws on License Plates
Make sure the details you provide are correct to prevent your request from being denied. If the vehicle is under nine (9) years old, do not forget to include your vehicle’s mileage at the time of submission. Vehicle owners in Illinois may start their application online through the Electronic Registration and Titling System. Once the process is complete, they can send their applications by mail or over the counter to a Secretary of State office.
Replacement for a damaged or lost title can only be issued after being acknowledged by the state’s DMV office and passed 15 days since the original title was given.
Title request depends on the following documents: