Do you own a RAM vehicle or are interested in purchasing RAM?
There is a very important document called a Window sticker that shows a lot of important information including the vehicle’s specifications.
This vital document, called a Window Sticker, is very important and useful for the current and future owners of a RAM vehicle.
By owning the Window Sticker, you can access the technicalities of your original window sticker. These specifications may be unnoticed when you’re trading in or selling your vehicle. Below I will present all the details about how to obtain and read your RAM Window Sticker.
How To Get A RAM Window Sticker?
Did you know that it is very simple and inexpensive to obtain a RAM window sticker?
There are tools online to assist you with this process of getting accurate information of the RAM vehicle. There is a very important first step to using this wonderful online tool.
The VIN, Vehicle Identification Number, is required. The RAM VIN number is a 17 set of characters and numbers. Each VIN is unique to the vehicle and no two VINs are the same.
You would be surprised to learn that the specific characters and numbers, in its correct sequence, provide important manufacturing details and production history. Let’s learn next how to find this unique identifier of a RAM VIN.
Where To Find The RAM VIN?
Easily locate the RAM VIN on the vehicle and on specific documents for the vehicle. The VIN of the RAM vehicle can be located here:
- Title of the RAM vehicle
- Registration document
- Maintenance records provided by the dealer
- Within the driver’s or passenger’s side door
- Beneath the windshield on the driver’s side
- On the rear engine block underneath the vehicle’s hood.
- Next to the firewall of the RAM vehicle
- Steering wheel column
What Can I find and Identify On A RAM Window Sticker?
Top Left side: Basic Info
Some of the common standardized information you’ll find on a RAM window sticker would be standard vehicle equipment, the destination charge, optional/additional features added to the vehicle, federal safety information, and also fuel economy/electric vehicle numbers as mandated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Standard Vehicle information
- Year: 2019
- Model: RAM 1500
- Trim: Laramie Crew Cab 4 x 4
- Engine: 5.7 Liter V-8 HEMI MDS VVT
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic 8HP75
- Final Assembly
- Color Exterior: Delmonico Red Pearl-Coat Exterior Paint
- Color Interior: Black
Bottom left-hand section: Standard Equipment – At the bottom left-hand section
- Standard equipment of the vehicle after manufacturing
- Interior and exterior additional features
- Safety and warranty information
- More information in the warranty information book
Middle Section: Charges
- Base Price MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price)
- Warranty Coverages
- Check the Warranty Handbook for details
- Additional Package options
- Total MSRP
Lower middle section: Manufacturing details
- Port of Entry
- Route Code
Middle right-hand section: Government safety ratings
- Vehicle safety score
- Origin of Parts
- Based on overall safety rating, frontal crash, side crash, and rollover
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) assigns scores based on a scale of 1 to 5 stars.
Top right-hand section: Fuel and Environment
- Fuel economy (MPG)
- Reflected by new EPA methods
- Smog rating
- Greenhouse gas rating
- Average annual fuel costs
What Does The RAM Window Sticker Not Show?
The RAM window sticker shows information that reflects the vehicle’s original state when it was finished with manufacturing. If your RAM car is used then it will not reflect any changes made by the previous owner after the date of manufacture.
Overall, the label does not include any evidence of accidents, repairs, or additional improvements made to the vehicle. To learn more about your RAM’s past history that will not be shown on the window sticker, you can easily check the VIN of the RAM using a VIN Decoder.