What is a VIN check?
A VIN CHECK is a tool that determines whether the VIN belongs to the correct vehicle and to check all relevant information about it. A VIN CHECK returns a Vehicle History Report with large amounts of data to understand the history of the vehicle. It is a necessary tool to assess any vehicle before purchase. A VIN CHECK can be extremely useful in identifying any issues with the vehicle.
Every vehicle history report includes the ownership history of the vehicle, a detailed title check history, and most importantly, our report contains auction photos and data. These auction photos and data can be essential in making sure that the vehicle is in good health.
VIN Recall Check
A significant element of the VIN CHECK report, the VIN recall check covers all the previous recalls that have been issued by the manufacturer. These recalls could be related to the safety or performance of the vehicle. Some recalls are of general safety or performance type like the Takata Airbag Safety Recall.
Other recalls relates to the performance of the vehicle are also generally known as non-safety recalls. Recalls are issued so that the qualified car owners can get free repairs and part replacement under the recall statement. Our report covers if the owner followed the repair and service regularly. If you wish to learn more about recalls then please check the NHTSA website
DMV VIN Check
The DMV VIN CHECK is important feature of the report and offers detailed history ownership of the vehicle. It is useful to know if any vehicle is reported stolen and that it has a proper owner history. Whether you are interested in a used car or you are buying a new vehicle, it is important to conduct a DMV VIN CHECK.
NICB VIN Check
The NICB VIN CHECK is generates a accurate report based on valuation of the vehicle. The data is is verified from various sources, namely the NCIB, NHTSA and National Insurance Databases. Data is also collected from regional dealerships.
Motorcycle VIN Check
What makes our report different then the competition is that we are able to generate a report for any type of vehicle, including Motorcycles. You only need the VIN number to find relevant and authentic information. The DMV website also provides an option to check the motorcycle title history. However, our report will include data from a number of sources including the DMV and NMVTIS.
Also, the report will include the auction photos and data. These auction photos and data are only available in our report and are not provided by any other service provider including Carfax. Our service is cheaper compared to the rest of the market. This makes our report more detailed and cost-effective than any other competitor.
Check Car Value by VIN
Performing a VIN CHECK on your vehicle will generate real-time market analysis. This service provides a detailed report on similar vehicles sold in the region. Car evaluation has a number of factors that must be considered, which is exactly what our VIN CHECK report does. Not only does it give a market analysis, but it also determines the approximate time required to sell the vehicle.
Check Car Warranty by VIN
Generating a VIN CHECK on your vehicle offers you the ability to verify the warranty status and historical maintenance data. A vehicle in perfect health is more prioritized by prospective buyers. Our report discloses all this information, to help vehicle owners have piece of mind whether they are buying or selling a vehicle.
Classic Car VIN Check
We value our customers just as much they value their classic cars.
The actual value of the car is hidden in the authenticity of the classic, vintage cars. These vehicles are special status vehicles and need in-depth evaluation. You can trust our classic car VIN check for due diligence.
You only need to enter the VIN number and leave the rest of it to us. The report will include the ownership history, the modifications it has undergone, repair and service history, any major accidents and insurance data related to it, and lastly, the specifications with which it was manufactured in the first place.
Where can you find a VIN?
The VIN number can be found on the body of a vehicle or on its documents. The VIN Number also known as the chassis number and consists of 17 characters which are a mix of numbers and letters. Here are the locations where you will find the VIN.
- Windshield – On the driver’s side of the dashboard will be the vehicle’s VIN Number etched on a plate behind the windshield. The easiest way to view the VIN Number is by stepped outside the vehicle.
- Driver’s door jamb – Open the driver’s side of the vehicle. Upon opening the door where it connects to the body will be sticker’s from the manufacturer. Here you’ll locate the VIN Number etched on the sticker.
- Engine block – If you are unable to locate the VIN Number on the documents, windshield or door jamb; then check the engine block. Every engine will have the unique VIN Number of the vehicle etched on the engine it self.
- Insurance papers – To insure a vehicle a VIN Number is required. You can locate the VIN Number of the vehicle by simply looking at the insurance papers. Also known as the serial number on documents.
- Registration or Title papers – The vehicle title will contain the 17 digit VIN Number also known as the chassis number or serial number of the vehicle. You’ll find this information on the title or the auto insurance policy.
How to find the VIN on a Motorcycle?
The VIN location on motorcycles differ from various manufacturers. You can usually locate the VIN number on the steering neck. You can turn the handlebars to the left and look on the right side of the frame where the steering head goes through the frame.
How to find the VIN on a Trailer or Commercial Truck?
A semi trailers VIN is located on the front part of the trailer on the left side in most cases. If you can’t find the VIN Number on the trailer, you should be able to locate it on your title or insurance papers.
What can you learn about a car from the VIN Number?
Wondering the number of owners the VIN you are searching had? Did it have any accidents or insurance damage claims? Does the mileage add up to what is shown on the dashboard? These are all great questions that a simple VIN check can answer.
Data from national databases, such as, the NMVTIS, Department of Motor Vehicles, Ministry of Transportation, car manufacturers’ databases, insurance companies, car auctions, car dealers, state records, inspections stations and includes over 60 checks on every report. Here’s what you can discover about the vehicle by searching the VIN.
- The number of owners – Find out the number of owners the vehicle had including the number of owners, duration of ownership, registration details such as country, state and city of registration. Find out the duration of ownership of each owner in the vehicle’s history. Many customers have located their vehicle using our VIN look up tool.
- Mileage information – Check odometer records on any vehicle by entering in the VIN number. Mileage information will include mileage, date and location when it was registered. The odometer records include title records, registration and renewals.
- Accidents history – In the event that the vehicle was seriously damaged previously, it tends to be hazardous to drive it since you may never realize how a vehicle performs at high speed after a full repair.
- Airbag deployment – You should ensure that the vehicle has all the airbags and, in the event that it doesn’t have, discover why.
- Vehicle Specifications – Every vehicle comes with special options and packages at the time of purchase. Using our VIN Lookup tool you can find detailed specifications such as model, trim, engine, transmission, fuel, exterior and interior options, standard safety features, air bags, audio system, braes, comfort features, convenience features and security features. Find out over 100+ specifications on any vehicle.
- Market Value – Wondering how much the vehicle is actually worth? Our report shows you the market value of the vehicle based on estimated mileage. Learn about depreciation and resale value of the vehicle compared to others being sold in the market.
- Warranty Status – Find out if the vehicle has any information including the type of coverage for warranty status.
- Police incidents – Each VIN Check will verify information from law enforcement agencies to help determine if the vehicle had any claims. Find out if the vehicle has a clean title.
- Safety rating – Use our crash ratings guide to find useful information on the safety of the vehicle in a crash, including its technical capabilities to avoid accidents.
- Recall and Defect information – 33% of vehicles have an open recall according to a recent study. Some of these recalls affect the safety and performance off the vehicle. Learn if the hicle has had any manufacturer recalls. If there are defects, learn about their impact on safety and how to fix the issues.
- Department of Motor Vehicle Records – Every vehicle VIN lookup will verify title records from the Department of Motor Vehicles and government agencies. In Canada, this would be the Ministry of Transportation.
- Insurance Databases – Find out the number of claims made with insurance for the vehicle. If the information is available, data such as the claim number date and amounts paid out are present.
- Inspection Records – Multiple states have a law in place where emissions & safety inspections must be done yearly. Find out if the vehicle has had its yearly inspections done on time and if there were any outstanding issues with its inspections.
- Vehicle Use Verification – Find out if the vehicle was ever used as a commercial, fleet, rental, police, or personal vehicle.
- Loan & Lien Verification – Liens are essentially proof that you are going to take responsibility for a loan payment, with the vehicle as collateral. If you purchase a vehicle with a lien that was unpaid, you can lose the vehicle as the debt collector could repossess the vehicle.
Bill of Sale
Check Safety Recalls
Vehicles Report contain up to date information to the second from state & federal databases about the vehicle’s complete history. Simply enter the VIN number of any car, truck, trailer, motorcycle, classic cars, RV, motor home to obtain the complete history and specifications. Our comprehensive VIN check is used by customers around the world including the largest dealers & auctions in North America.
Vehicles Report is an unbiased report that reveals the overall information about any vehicle’s background. You can check various information about any vehicle such as vehicle registration specifications, recall information, loan history of the vehicle, mileage records, how old the vehicle is, the number of previous owners, accident or auction records. This way, you get to know all the necessary details about the vehicle you are planning to buy or sell. Simply provide the vehicles VIN number in order to pull up an instant detailed vehicle report on any car, truck, trailer, classic cars, RV, motor home or motorcycle.
Premium Vin is a tool that will enable you to know how the car has been taken care of by the vehicle’s previous owners. Details about insurance claims, accident records, loan & liens, police reports, service records or manufacturer recalls will come up in the search. Each report will check the following:
Vehicles Report offer a wealth of information about used cars and their past. We have one of the largest used car databases in the world that obtains information from State & Federal records ensuring 100% accurate and up-to-date records. With access to over 21 billion records we guarantee you will always receive an in depth history report. Simply enter your VIN Number and pay for the records to instantly view the report within minutes.
A VIN check can help you avoid scams and ensure your vehicle is in good shape. It is useful when selling a vehicle as data shows 35% off sellers providing a history report get their asking price and sell their vehicles faster. When buying a used car, always run a history report when dealing with a private seller or dealer to ensure you know what the vehicle has been through. Enter your VIN and get up to date information by running a vin check today. Here are 4 red flags that we’ve highlighted that come up as costly mistakes if a vehicle hasn’t thoroughly been checked.
– Has the car previously been written off? All this means is that it was decided that the repairs off the car would cost more than what the vehicle is worth. If a car has been written off or issued a salvage title, there’s a good chance it has some invisible damage or shoddy repairs that should be verified. Many of these vehicles are exported to overseas markets.
– Is the car still under finance? If the car is still under finance, the seller should warn the buyer. If you have only found out through the history report, contact the seller immediately to get proof that the vehicle has been paid off. We have seen numerous cases where customers purchase a vehicle with a loan/lien only to have it reclaimed by the financial lender even if the previous owner had the debt under their name, costing the customer thousands of dollars.
– Has the odometer been rolled back? This is one of the easiest ways to see if the seller is trying to rip you off. If our vehicle report shows inconsistencies with the mileage, then it would be in your best interest to walk away from the transaction.
– Is it poorly maintained? If the car has a very poor history, then its a long way from good as new and will likely not be as reliable as other options out there. Always have options and purchase the additional report package to run several vehicles and choose the one that has the most reliable history.
Being the most advanced and comprehensive used car, truck and motorcycle vin check, Vehicles Report accesses the most up to date record available on the vehicle from federal and state databases. If you are planning to buy or sell a used vehicle, you need to be well-informed about its background, and this is where Vehicles Report can help. It provides an unbiased vehicle history report and gives information about the vehicles past. Vehicles Report takes any vehicle’s VIN number to generate a comprehensive report for that vehicle. The report contains various information about the vehicle such as registration details, vehicle specifications, vehicle recalls, accidents, loans & liens and many other important points.